If you weren't born Italian or into a culture of eggplant cuisine, you don't know what you're missing! North America is the last continent to truly appreciate this unique, versatile and delicious vegetable. Eggplant is becoming more popular everyday, by the minute, and you have to try it. Vegetarians know what I am talking about.
An eggplant's versatility is so great, you can use it for almost anything and it can fill any flavor profile you're looking for. You can substitute eggplant for meat cutlet in virtually any Italian dish. Appetizer, Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich, Stuffed Eggplant, Eggplant Lasagna, Eggplant Rolatino and of course, as a pizza topping.
I conducted research and testing of various eggplant products. The industry leader, in my opinion, is Dominex. These people go to the extreme to create the freshest tasting product. Unlike some manufacturers, Dominex grows their own eggplant so it literally goes from the field to packaging in very little time thus maintaining that fresh garden flavor. These products are quick and easy to prepare, economical compared to meat, have no additives or preservatives, are all natural and fully cooked so you just heat to serve. Convenience is the name of the game and Dominex delivers.
Top 3 Reason to Menu an Eggplant Pizza
- This specialty pizza will differentiate you from the competition.
- Eggplant is a great tasting vegetarian topping.
- Customers are willing to pay for this highly perceived valuable topping.
My Recipe for Eggplant Pizza
- 1-14" pizza shell
- 6 oz of 1/2 pesto and 1/2 pizza sauce
- 1.5 cups of Mozzarella/ Provolone/ Romano cheeses
- 1/3 cup of grilled onion
- 1/4 cup of roasted garlic
- 1/3 cup julienned Proscutto or any other type of ham or sausage
- 1/3 cup marinated plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup seasoned breaded or floured Dominex eggplant
- Garnish with a few pinches of fresh oregano