Do you feel like you have a handle on how to market to different age groups?
A recent survey conducted by Yes Lifecycle Marketing of marketers and consumers revealed that many marketers are often off base when it comes to knowing what matters to different generations, according to an article on SmallBizTrends.com.
The survey separated generations into four groups: Centennials (age 18-21), millennials (age 22-37), Generation X (age 38-52) and baby boomers (age 53-71), with some of the biggest takeaways for a pizzeria marketing plan being:
1. Millennials are most influenced by email, while centennials couldn't care less about email marketing.
2. While 78% of marketers have written off direct mail as a marketing relic, 56% of consumers say that it affects their purchases.
3. Pay attention to your in-store marketing; 81% of consumers say that they value the in-store experience when deciding to make a purchase.
4. Baby boomers are highly motivated by price, specials and discounts.
5. Millennials are the age group most motivated by loyalty programs, social media marketing and email marketing.
Now that you're armed with some generational marketing info, how will you use it in your next marketing promotion?