Even if you weren’t born in the bayou, you will love this spicy Cajun masterpiece courtesy of Dave Smith, owner of Pizza Palace Plus in Emporium, Pennsylvania.
• 18-oz. dough ball
• 3/4 Cajun Sauce (made with ketchup, brewed coffee, olive oil, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, crushed garlic, oregano, bay leaves, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, lemon juice and rosemary)
• 10 oz. shredded mozzarella and/or provolone cheese
• 6 oz. chicken breast, marinated in soy sauce with fajita and Cajun seasoning, precooked and cubed
• 1/4 c. precooked bacon, chopped
• 1/2 c. celery, chopped
• Parmesan and/or Romano cheese
• Oregano and/or basil
• Blue cheese dressing
Toss out the dough onto a 14-inch diameter screen. Spread the Cajun Sauce on dough. Cover the sauce with half of the shredded cheese. Evenly distribute the chicken, bacon and celery on top of the cheese. Add the remainder of the shredded cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan/Romano and oregano/basil over the pizza. Bake in a preheated oven at 500 degrees F until the crust and bottom are brown. Finally, drizzle with the blue cheese dressing. Enjoy!