Artichoke, Potato, and Mushroom Pizza
Recipe Source:Chef Submissions
Submitted By:PMQ Test Chef Brian Hernandez
- 1 Dough Ball to be stretched to 12-14"
- 1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. of Minced Garlic
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 & 1/3 c. of Potatoes roasted in olive oil, rosemary and minced garlic to taste
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c. marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 c. Portabello or Brown mushrooms, thinly sliced, drenched in worcestershire sauce (or steak sauce)
- 1/4 c. pitted Ripe or Greek olives, diced
- 1 & 1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Drizzle of sour cream
First, start roasting your potatoes in a rosemary, minced garlic and olive oil mix. Roast until they are golden brown and very firm, but not crispy. You want to finish the bake of the potatoes on the pizza in the oven.
Once your potatoes are roasted perfectly, spread a garlic and minced olive oil mix over your slapped out crust.
Then arrange your Roma Tomatoes, and spread your potatoes evenly over the whole pie.
Spread your grated parmesan cheese over the potatoes, then top with your marinated artichokes, mushrooms and olives.
Final step is to top it with your mozzarella.
Now we are going to bake this in our at 450° for about 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese fully melted.
This pie is...delicious. The artichokes are imparting that marinade to the taste buds. The beautiful thing about artichokes, they are a blank canvas so to speak, impart them with whatever flavor you desire. The mushrooms give off that great meaty flavor from the worcestershire sauce. There is a lot of savory flavor coming from the olives as well. And the potatoes...I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Who doesn't love rosemary and garlic roasted potatoes?! And the sour cream puts all those savory flavors in check with its cool creaminess.