2015 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show takes place May 16-19
NRA show held at Chicago’s McCormick Place
- See what the NRA Show is all about here: https://vimeo.com/101086452
- NEW feature areas like 3D Printing and Startup Alley. See below for more information
- Chef demonstrations at the NEW World Culinary Showcase stage in the Lakeside Center from Rick Bayless, Anne Burrell, Maneet Chauhan and G.Garvin
- Hands-on demos at Foodamental Studio (South Hall) on topics from plating techniques to tips to how to make arepas
- Education sessions on topics such as:
- 10 a.m.: How Technology Is Changing The Restaurant Customer Experience
- 11:30 a.m.: True Tales Of Unexpected Triumph: The Bumpy Path To Sustainability
- 1 p.m.: Allergy-Friendly Practices To Protect Your Guests And Increase Your Business
- 3 p.m.: Marijuana On The Menu
- See all sessions here.
- Hot Products: Explore over 2,000 brands and more than 900+ product categories showcasing the latest innovations in the foodservice industry; over 100 new exhibitors; see hot new products below.
- Register as press here. Photos and information from the show floor will be available heretomorrow.
65,000+ foodservice professionals from around the world to observe the latest trends in the foodservice industry from ingredients, advancements in restaurant technology, kitchen gadgets and more
2015 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show and BAR at the NRA Show is the most comprehensive trade show for the restaurant, foodservice and hospitality industry in the U.S. and abroad
Saturday, May 16 – Monday, May 18 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, May 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
McCormick Place, North & South Hall Level 3
2301 S. Lake Shore Dr.
- Sunday, May 17 at 2 p.m.: State of the American Dream 2015: Empowerment (Grand Ballroom): Join Dawn Sweeney, president and chief executive officer of the National Restaurant Association and Arianna Huffington of the Huffington Post Media Group for a talk about how today’s business leaders can develop and nurture successful brands in an increasingly complex and competitive environment.
- BAR at the NRA Show (Sunday, May 17 and Monday, May 18; Lakeside Ballroom): Co-located within the NRA Show, BAR (Beverage Alcohol for Restaurants) features the ways that beverage alcohol enhances restaurant and foodservice menus and brands. Explore Demo Lounges, Restaurant Menu Pairings, the latest products in wine, beer, spirits and more
- Sunday, May 17 at 9 p.m.: Restaurants Rock (House of Blues Chicago; 329 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60654): Join Chopped judge and chef Geoffrey Zakarian for the official after-party of the NRA Show and BAR at the NRA Show. Watch the finalists compete for the coveted Star of the Bar title. Limited press RSVPs available upon request.
- Monday, May 18 : Restaurant Finance Summit (Room N426; separate registration for attendees and press credentials required): Join finance leaders from across the industry for an important program on preparing for and executing growth and/or liquidity strategies in the restaurant, foodservice and hospitality space. The Restaurant Finance Summit will kick off with a luncheon and Keynote address by Russ Bendel, CEO of The Habit Burger Grill.
- Startup Alley (BOOTH ##9416): Emerging startups in the restaurant technology space will showcase their innovative and promising advancements with new technologies to engage foodservice customers on social media, streamline food delivery, execute innovative recruitment, and more.
- 3D Printing Zone (BOOTH #9422): 3D Systems will exhibit its ChefJet Pro, the world's first professional-grade food 3D printer. The full-color ChefJet Pro will produce 3D printed confections in a number of recipe and flavors, including sugar, frosting, and candy in many sweet and sour flavors.
- FABI (Food and Beverage) Awards (Throughout Show; 5th Anniversary): The 28 winners represent today’s leading food trends from new takes on gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to local sourcing initiatives, including black bean spaghetti, vegetarian gyros, volcanic water and more. Access photos of the winners here.
- Kitchen Innovation Awards (Booth #2442): Honors equipment and technologies that increase productivity for back of the house operations and benefit restaurant operators. The 23 selected innovations specifically address: water waste reduction and enhanced energy efficiency, increased safety and sanitation, cross-functionality, faster cook-up times, space constraints – even ergonomics and smart technology that learns and adapts to various conditions.
- Explore specialty pavilions such as:
- Alternative Bitstyles: Products and ingredients for vegetarian/vegan, low sodium, gluten free and allergy needs that make menu modification easy.
- Organic & Natural: An oasis of the organic and natural products and labels which menu-minded consumers increasingly care about.
- Conserve Solution Center: Sustainability focused products that lower costs, waste, energy use and environmental impact, plus attract eco-minded guests.
- Tech Pavilion: Top-to-bottom tech including mobile apps, mobile payment, POS, digital signage, data-driven solutions and more to improve transaction speed, communication, efficiency and cost.
National Restaurant Association (Booth #6600): Visit the National Restaurant Association booth to learn about the advocacy work on behalf of the industry and programs and products that connect individuals within the industry. The National Restaurant Association booth offers the opportunity to meet with experts on some of the toughest, most complex topics facing restaurant operators today. Experts will be available all four days of the NRA Show.
About National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show®:
The National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show® is the largest annual gathering of restaurant, foodservice, and lodging professionals in the world. NRA Show 2015 will be held May 16-19 at McCormick Place in Chicago, and the 2015 BAR (Beverage Alcohol for Restaurants, formerly the International Wine, Spirits & Beer Event), held in conjunction with NRA Show, will take place May 17-18. The events attract 65,000+ attendees and visitors from all 50 states and 100+ countries, and showcase the latest products, services, innovative ideas, up-to-the-minute information about trends and issues, and growth opportunities. For more information, visit the NRA Show and BAR websites at Restaurant.org/Show andRestaurant.org/BAR, and find the NRA Show on Twitter @NRAShow, Facebook, Instagram @NRAShow, YouTube, Flickr, and our year-round content hub Brainfeed.