Pizza Hut Restaurants licenses APT’s Test & Learn® and Menu Analyzer software
APT’s cloud-based software to improve chain's guest experience and profitability
Pizza Hut Restaurants announced today that it has chosen to license APT’s Test & Learn® and Menu Analyzer software suite to improve its data-driven decision-making across capital investments, pricing, promotion, marketing and operations. With this agreement, Pizza Hut Restaurants joins other leading restaurants – including Costa, SUBWAY, Starbucks, Wendy’s and Dunkin’ Donuts – that have chosen APT’s cloud-based software to improve guest experience and profitability.
Pizza Hut Restaurants has already been using APT’s software to optimise their menu and store remodel programmes. “As the UK’s largest pizza chain, we constantly need to innovate and drive value for our guests,” said Henry Birts, Deputy Managing Director of Pizza Hut Restaurants. “By using APT’s software, we are able to test ideas quickly and accurately, enabling us to make important business decisions with confidence.”
“We are building a menu with new items to drive and enhance the guest experience, but we also need to ensure that the items we add will build our profitability and drive business performance. The APT software suite will help us to make sure that we achieve both goals and also help us to understand which items build brand loyalty and how to best structure our value meals and bundled offerings,”commented Andy Platt, Strategy Director of Pizza Hut Restaurants.
Henry Birts added: “Understanding the profit impact of every action taken is crucial in the restaurant industry where small changes can often impact guest loyalty and overall profitability. APT’s software allows us to distil the incremental profit impact of a new store layout and menu strategies amidst the ‘noise’ inherent in day-to-day restaurant operations.”
On the relationship, Rupert Naylor, Vice President at APT, commented: “We are very excited that Pizza Hut Restaurants has chosen APT’s software to test its new and innovative business ideas. We look forward to having a partnership with Pizza Hut Restaurants.”
About Applied Predictive Technologies (APT)
APT is a leading cloud-based cause-and-effect analytics software company. APT’s Test & Learn® software is revolutionizing the way companies harness their Big Data to accurately measure the profit impact of pricing, marketing, merchandising, operations, and capital initiatives, tailoring investments in these areas to maximize ROI. APT’s client portfolio features some of the world’s best known brands, including Walmart, ASDA, Coca-Cola, Boots, Victoria’s Secret, P&G, Argos, Hilton Hotels, Dixons Carphone, Shell, T-Mobile, and others. APT has offices in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, London, Bentonville, Taipei, Tokyo, and Sydney. Visit www.
About Pizza Hut Restaurants:
* Pizza Hut UK Restaurants currently comprises more than 280 dine-in restaurants across England, Wales and Scotland and employs morethan 8,000 people.
* In November 2014, Pizza Hut Restaurants won the hotly contested Pizza Restaurant Chain of the Year award at the Pizza Past & Italian Food (PAPA) Industry Awards for the second year running.
* Pizza Hut opened its first restaurant in the UK in 1973. Since then Pizza Hut has launched the Deep Pan, Stuffed Crust, Cheesy Bites and 500 Calorie pizzas, as well as the Cookie Dough dessert to the UK market.
* Pizza Hut also gives away 9,600 tonnes of free Salad each year through its salad bar and is a proud supporter of Cancer Research UK.
* Pizza Hut Restaurants is the leading casual dining restaurant in the UK by footfall.
For more information, please visit http://www.pizzahut.co.