Celebrate Earth Day on April 22
Tips for celebrating the planet that gives back so much.
Earth Day is the perfect day to show a little extra love to the planet that gives us so much.
- Take a few moments to consider your pizzeria’s impact. Are you doing all you can to source locally, recycle and reuse when you can, and stop unnecessary food waste? Calculate your plastic waste with this new plastic pollution calculator released for Earth Day.
- Gather your staff for a meeting (preferably outdoors), and ask their thoughts about initiatives they think could help lessen your pizzeria's impact on the planet.
- Celebrate Earth Day with a special menu that highlights locally sourced ingredients and beverages.
- Arrange a tree planting event at a local park and invite your customers to join you.
- Partner with a local charity that is able to pick up in-date bread and produce that may otherwise end up in the trash.
How are you celebrating Earth Day?